If you are in need of dental treatment and are not signed up to a dental practice, the best thing to do is to search for your local dental practice and give them a call. If you are looking for a private practice, you can follow the same process.
Most dental practices now how websites, which state all of the information you need, including any private services they offer.
If you are already signed up to a dental practice and your dentist has advised you that you need dental treatment (say a filling for example), they will assist you in booking in for your next appointment. It is important to be aware that your treatment may require more than one appointment to complete.
Questions to ask your dentist
- Can you explain the process of the treatment that I need?
- How much will the treatment cost?
- Do I need to prepare anything in advance of the treatment?
- How long is the treatment expected to take?
- Will you talk me through the treatment process as you are performing it?
- Will I need to take extra care when eating or drinking after the treatment?
- Is there a particular aftercare routine I need to follow?